The monthly summaries of Internet governance developments in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area represent one of the two components of the SEEDIG-DiploFoundation-Geneva Internet Platform initiative – Internet governance developments in SEE.
Each summary is intended to provide a monthly overview of Internet governance and digital policy developments and activities happening in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area.
The summaries are published on the last Monday of the month, one day before the monthly IG briefing. Subscribe to our mailing list to receive them as soon as they are published.
[NEW] The April 2017 summary is now available.
- Armenia: The Ministry of Education and Science and Microsoft Innovation Center Armenia signed a Memorandum of Understanding through which the two parties commit to work together to improve the quality of Armenian education.
- Croatia: The Ministry of Public Administration has introduced a new e-government service, as part of a wider project – A paperless country. From 1 May, state institutions will have access to a web application allowing direct exchange of information regarding citizens’ documents such as certificates of birth and marriage.
- Moldova: Authorities dismantled an international SIM-box scam ring operating out of the Eastern European country’s capital. The illegal organisation redirected transnational Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) GSM traffic by tapping into the national telecom network.
- Serbia: The Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications launched a media campaign regarding child safety on the Internet and the promotion of digital literacy.
- Slovenia: Telecommunications company Telekom Slovenije announced the deployment of the first voice-over-Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) technology in the country, which enables customers to make voice calls using the company’s 4G LTE network.
- Turkey: The commercial court in Istanbul issued a temporary injunction to prevent the accommodation booking platform booking.com from facilitating the booking of hotel rooms in Turkey, by Turkish customers.
- This issue also includes coverage of several Internet-related events that took place in SEE and the neighbouring area over the past month.
- A list of upcoming regional events is also part of the April issue.
- March 2017 issue – published on 27 March 2017.
- February 2017 issue – published on 27 February 2017.
- January 2017 issue – published on 31 January 2017.
- December 2016 issue – published on 23 December 2016.
- November 2016 issue – published on 29 November 2016.
- October 2016 issue – published on 24 October 2016.
- September 2016 issue – published on 26 September 2016.
[Contribute!] Join us in preparing the next issue. Send us updates about Internet governance developments and/or events in your countries.