Third annual meeting
24-25 May 2017
Ohrid, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Inputs for 2017 needed!
Input is welcome until 5 February 2017. Please send your comments on:
1. the draft programme,
2. an overarching theme, and
3. the topic for a survey to be carried out before the SEEDIG 2017 meeting
We look forward to hearing from you!
Internet governance developments in SEE
Read our monthly summaries.
And join the briefings every last Tuesday of the month.
Second annual meeting
22 April 2016
First annual meeting
3 June 2015
Welcome to SEEDIG
SEEDIG stands for South Eastern European Dialogue on Internet Governance and it is an open, inclusive and informal space for dialogue on Internet governance issues between stakeholders from South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area.
SEEDIG is a sub-regional Internet Governance Forum initiative, recognised as such by the global Internet Governance Forum (IGF).
What is the purpose of SEEDIG?
SEEDIG is aimed to:
- raise awareness and promote a better understanding of Internet governance among stakeholders from South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area;
- build or strengthen the capacity of these stakeholders to actively participate in national, regional and international Internet governance processes;
- facilitate multistakeholder discussions, exchanges and collaboration on Internet-related issues that of particular concern for stakeholders in the region;
- contribute to creating linkages between the Internet governance realities in the region and the pan-European and global Internet governance processes.
SEEDIG welcomes individuals and entities from all stakeholder groups (governments, intergovernmental organizations, civil society, academia, private sector, technical community), particularly from, but not limited to, countries in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area.
Next SEEDIG meeting
SEEDIG 2017 will be held in Ohrid, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. The meeting is scheduled to take place on 24-25 May 2017.
Previous SEEDIG meeting
SEEDIG’s second annual meeting was held on 22 April 2016, in Belgrade, Serbia. Messages from the SEEDIG 2016 sessions and the meeting report are now available. Recordings of the sessions can also be found on our Youtube channel.